Why Do I Call Myself a Witch?

Why do I call myself a "Witch"? So many love to dance around the word and ask if I prefer to be called a Wiccan as they think it's a more socially acceptable term. I delight in explaining that they may call me a Witch that Wicca is a neopagan religion originally started in the early 20'th century and brought into the mainstream by Gerald Gardner in the 1950's. No, I'm not affiliated with their covens, churches or rules.  
I'm proud of the term WITCH and plan to bring the power of that name back. Just call me a Witch, that's what I am. That's what I do - I practice witchcraft. For 28 years, I've practiced the Craft. I'm a Solitary Eclectic Witch and use energy and spells from many different lines of magick - Viking, Druid, Voodoo, Hoodoo, Crowley, Egyptian, Sumerian, Hedge - the list goes on. Why stop at one - right? It suits me. I've also been called an Ethereal Witch by some recently and I kind'a dig the name so you may see it pop up now and then.
I hope you all will embrace the term Witch and wear it proudly. It's time we take back the power it once held before it was torn to shreds.
That's it for now. 
The Ethereal Witch, better known as Audra



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will you do a spell for me?

Protection from Evil Spirits and Ghosts

How to make a Witches Poppet