Witches Intuition and Why we follow it.

Have you even been drawn to gathering or harvesting herbs, flowers, roots, etc and had NO IDEA why? 

Yeah, that just happened to me. I was outside with Asher, my tiny Hell hound, and had the irresistible urge to pluck acorns off our neighbors tree. Now, in the 16 years we've lived here I've never been "inspired" to pluck acorns from their tree. Strange? Then I couldn't help myself, I had to harvest all the seed pods off our Iris Oriental bush. So I got a bowl and scissors and gathered a bunch. Then took all the seeds out, keeping the pods in tact so they still made a 3 pointed star. Good grief. Why? 

I looked up the magical meaning for Iris, here's what I found: 

"Iris species. A Moon plant, orris root is good for digging deep into the Moon-ruled subconscious and uprooting what is hidden. Like any Moon herb, it can also be used in divination and dream work. The iris is also called the fleur-de-lis, so this Moon plant has often been associated with dominion and war, which gives it a nice protective aspect." Groovy.

"Iris usually symbolizes a trinity, a divine link between the Heaven and Earth Realms, psychic abilities and intuition, divine truth, hope, and rebirth." Okay, so I'm suppose to listen to my intuition, take notice of psychic hints and I'll see the truth of what is hidden. 

When I was taking the seeds out and opening the pods I couldn't help but see the trinity of the Maiden, Mother and Crone. Divine energy. I see why they would be used in love or anti-love spells. The seeds are plentiful! So many seeds come from one pod. I can see them used in money and prosperity spells as well. 

I've been having very vivid dreams in where I am putting on armor, shielding myself, preparing for something that's coming. Not uncommon for October, mind you. I always shield myself well during the months the veil is the thinnest. I turn down my psychic light. If I didn't it would be like that scene in Ghost where Whoopie Goldburg has a waiting room full of spirits just waiting to communicate. Hey, I love having conversations with the dead, but one at a time please.

Now I know why I was inspired to bring the Iris pods and seeds into our home. I'm going to powder some seeds and put the powder with salt and sprinkle it in the windows and over the threshold of our doors. There will be other uses for them but since I'm to protect myself and family, I won't divulge all my plans here. You understand. This is why we follow our intuition. It always leads us where we need to be, doing the things we need to be doing. Always listen and trust it!


So here's my question to you - What have you been inspired to do lately? What has your intuition been telling you? Do things seem to get "busier" around this time of year for you? More spirits speaking? Being called to do tarot readings? Inspired to pick up a new book? What calls you in October?

 

Take Care Witches, Pagans and Heathens - for OUR season is upon us. Enjoy.

Audra

 

PS: I know why I needed the Acorns - they are going in a special pouch, for a special someone. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Will you do a spell for me?

Protection from Evil Spirits and Ghosts

Two of my favorite Samhain Recipes